Wednesday, November 17, 2004

DC United wins MLS cup!

My hometown* pro soccer team rocks! BTW, the game was played Sunday, so I've known about this for awhile, but only just decided to post this.

Get the full story here (dcunited.mls site) and here (Washington Times).

Why are the two best sports in the universe (ultimate frisbee and soccer) not widely televised?

Anyway, for another good game, watch #7-ranked Michigan football take on Ohio State (away game for my team, the Wolverines) in their annual game, continuing one of the top college sports rivalries of all time. The game is this Saturday at 1 PM.

*My true hometown is Swartz Creek/Flint, Michigan; Detroit for most sports purposes. But since Detroit has no soccer team, I use my new/current hometown, DC/Northern Virginia.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I name the two greatest sports (hockey is in the top two as well - I forgot about that sport, because the NHL isn't playing this season) I have absolutely no intention to denigrate baseball, football, swimming, running, basketball, rock climbing, skateboarding, etc. And intellectual sports ( chess, first-person computer games, etc.) are in a different class altogether.

Nov 20, 2004, 12:02:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home