Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Dislike of Christianity and Christians

Many non-Christians have a very low opinion of Christians and Christianity. Here is a concise summary, minus the taking over the government and banning abortions/etc. part, also a common theme:

"I was one a poor ungrateful wretched athiest, but was saved by the morality of the Christian religion. I learned from this how I am far superior to others and to show this through my constant moral self-rightousness. I also learned that I owe everlasting thanks to my invisible creator whose only proof of existance is a 2000 year old book with no sources. It has provided me with thoughts, so there won't be a chance of me thinking heretical one, thank god. I'll say, if it wasn't for religion, I might actually contribute something to society!"

(source)

How do you respond, not to me and your fellow Christians, but to the writer and those of similar opinions?

Note: In an attempt to combine my xanga and my blogspot blogs, I'm directing my xanga comments here.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love lamp.

May 5, 2005, 2:58:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Watch Anchorman and you will understand. I only partially recommend the movie - though it is quite funny - almost as funny as you your comment on my blog - oh, and you missed quite a few people.

May 5, 2005, 4:06:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

probably something like, yeh, i don't like Christians like that either. yeh, that's not christianity. i don't really like being called a Christian anymore, i mean, the last thing i want to be connected with is like a TV evangelist or something. i tell people i'm a follower of Jesus. my life is His and i live for Him.

wow, we have similiar taste in music. that was funny how you left that comment on gabe's xanga. lol.

May 5, 2005, 8:01:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that was beth.

May 5, 2005, 8:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home