Saturday, December 18, 2004

What your iTunes music says about you

Do you share music on iTunes? It may be what makes you "cool." (Or, maybe you don't care.. this is college, not high school.)

See Wired News for more.

Apparently, some iTunes sharers are even victims of "playlistism," which is discrimination based not on age, race, sex or definition of divine election and human free will, but on the music available on your playlist.

"Some people have obscure bands I’ve never heard of. These people are probably too cool for me and I’ll leave them alone until I have an iPod." - Stephen Aubrey, The Wesleyan Argus.

Until I read this, I had no idea why some people put passwords on their iTunes folders. Why restrict others from legally listening to your music? Now I know - they listen to the Backstreet Boys or something like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home